Some thoughts on state of the server

palsjuegs

Team Member

So, what’s the state of the server? Haven’t been on much since life takes priority, but with watertribe dead, the server extremely innactive, and most of the people I enjoyed talking to/ hanging out with long gone, I don’t feel there’s much incentive to go on. Is build team doing stuff? I really want to find something to do in the server other than hanging around my town/seeing if I can be of any use for QA.

I used to be really focused on building on lobby, but after a while and lack of materials/yuans that has become a real grind… If I don’t shake things up and make it interesting again I feel I’m just going to fade away like most players have.

It’s just a shame because this server has a lot of potential, but it’s been years and the player count is null. The server needs more players. It needs NEW players, to replace the older ones. Players will eventually tire of minecraft and move on (which is what happened to many of WT), so we need a constant influx of new ones somehow. Also, I think the newer kids aren’t as familiar with Avatar as we where, so that’s something to take into account. The server needs to be interesting for both Avatar fans and others who’ve never watched it.

And before anyone says the server isn’t ready, the server hasn’t been ready for years and at this pace will never be ready. It’s playable, but that’s only half of what makes a server worth going to, a decent sized active player base is the other half.

Details

Created At:
6 years ago
Updated At:
6 years ago

By Pozboy123 [Chat Moderator] At 6 years ago Report Reply 0

I as well have heard this whole «the server isn’t ready yet» when asking about advertising the server. And in my opinion the server is very ready for new players. Yes, the server mechanics aren’t perfect by far, but right now we are just waiting for them to be perfect and watching the server’s community die. I fully agree that the reason that the community is dying is because there is no one to play with not because the server mechanics are bad. Even without the Avatar World added to Minecraft people still play hours on end. We still get maybe one new player per day but after coming on for the first time they hardly ever come back for the second. I don’t think that this is because they think that our avatar aspect in Minecraft is bad but instead because they see that there are 0/150 players playing currently. As a Chat Mod it is really sad to be on the server for an entire hour and not even see one chat in global. Our only real advertisment for the server are random trailers on Youtube. And if we call that advertising then AvatarMC Memes is advertising for the server just as well as we are. Overall, with the server mechanics that we have now people will and have played a lot, the only problem is that those players have left and we aren’t advertising enough for new players to come back in.

Please don’t respond with more random Phab tasks, this is a server community issue and the entire response should be able to be seen by the entire server community.

By GuoKao [Administrator] At 6 years ago Report Reply 0

So, what’s the state of the server?

We’re still slowly moving forward, as we have been doing for years now :/

Is build team doing stuff?

Yes. For the initiated: T467 and previously T1071

And before anyone says the server isn’t ready, the server hasn’t been ready for years and at this pace will never be ready. It’s playable, but that’s only half of what makes a server worth going to, a decent sized active player base is the other half.

The upcoming release has solved most concerns we had in the past. As also mentioned in T1299, we’re just finishing off the final bits before we can roll it out.

Hopefully that answers most of your questions. (Sorry non team members who cannot see the tasks :/)

By CafeMan At 5 years ago Report Reply 0

«We’re still slowly moving forward, as we have been doing for years now»

And that’s part of the problem, we’re moving too slowly. Yes there’s much more things going on behind the scenes but you keep so much in the dark for so long that people are losing interest and both the server and the community are suffering as a result.

«Is build team doing stuff?

Yes. For the initiated: T467 and previously T1071»

And THATS why. The last update we got from you was the Christmas update, and now months later all we get is a bunch of mysterious numbers! You’re so secretive about what you’re doing behind the scene’s that that the rest of us are left in the dark for months and months, and as a result the server you’re (apparently) so diligently working on behind the scenes is turning into a ghost town. I understand you have your no speak clause (or whatever you call it), but whats the point of keeping things hidden when you’ve got hardly anyone left to keep it hidden from? Look around, KillMe, there’s hardly anything here! Hell this post itself is already a month old and nothing’s been posted since besides what I’m posting now.

Yes there are still people who play. Maybe once or twice a year (If you’re lucky) there is a period where activity booms. People are on having fun, there’s a war or two, some older towns die, other towns get assimilated into the Fire Nation…and then everyone just gets bored and the server turns right around into a ghost town. A ghost town dominated by a ghost of a Empire, run by a staff who keep as silent as the grave about what they’re doing in the background. At this point which world is the real spirit world?

«But Cafe», you say «That’s why we have the Weekly SoonTM Blog. You can read that for updates on what’s going on!»

If the Weekly SoonTM actually kept to what it was originally supposed to be–«Weekly, and SoonTM, but most of all a weekly update on things that have been worked on on the server.»–It might actually be worth something, but it breaks my little Cafe heart to say that it is not. It’s just turned into something you use to announce events once in a blue moon to keep the server barely afloat while you keep us in the dark about what’s actually going on. I mean the most recent thing on there is the CHRISTMAS 2017 update. It’s MAY 2018 now. Have you even taken the Christmas world down?

I know I’m throwing a lot of shade at you guys right now but I think its shade that needs to be thrown. You can make whatever excuse you want, but the fact is that the server is just BARELY holding on. And you know as well as I do that even when the next update comes the same exact thing will happen. People will come back, people will play with it for a bit, and then things will fade off again for the next half a year or so until you put out the next set of mysterious numbers.

As someone who really, really loves this place and what you’ve done with it, it hurts to see that happening. I’m not saying «speed up, go faster, put out more updates damn you» or anything like it. I completely understand that these things take time, especially on a server like this one. I do however think that it’s time to relax that «No Talk» clause you have, at least just a little bit. Let us know a few things, share some screenshots, pardon my french but give us an ACTUAL fucking update so we can know that there is still life here. I understand that you may not be able to give us every single detail but I at least give us more than a bunch of mysterious numbers. USE the Weekly SoonTM for what it’s meant for, I beg you!

I’m not angry with you. I am sad, because I am afraid that the server has lost its way. But you can find it again, Lord KillMe! And you can do it with your staff team!