General Ideas

Simplified ideas..

1. Bending pouches for water and earth for the allowance of using source moves without standing on a source. Different skills would require more energy from the pouch of water/earth/wire/metal.

2. Gear system that allows you to raise or lower stats based on the equipment you have on. Gear shouldn’t change the way you look, just apply a stat value. Stats should also be supplemental stats like critical hit increase, movement speed, health increase, or bending range of height and width of skills increase.

3. More randomly or grouped enemy appearances in the open world as well as some major city outskirts. Few world bosses that give dungeon quality exp.

4. Allowance of all bending skills in towns and hub cities.

5. Map reset of all old towns currently not being used to create more space for current players. Thus preparing for new ones

6. Morality People choose good or evil to indicate their role in the game. Each morality should have their own consequences and benefits. Evil should do 10-20% more damage and good should gain 10-20% more exp. Level of morality increases by killing players of opposing morality. Evil player with increasing bounty, every 500,000, gets randomly sent to a prison in one of four hub cities. Players will have a chance to go in the cell and battle with the inmate to claim his bounty. If no player arrives within 3 minutes time , the criminal is allowed to leave or teleported out.

7. PvP incentives should be simple. Killing players gains you a higher evil morality or good. Killing players should give you 2-5% of the victims yuan’s (money), increase your morality by a few numbers because it should function like an exp bar.

To be continued.

Mod Edit: Formatting

Details

Created At:
7 years ago
Updated At:
7 years ago

By Creolux At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

I do agree with you on just about everything. First thing I wanna address is the need to kill other players. The only reasons we have to really kill other players is A) bounties and B) the hell of it. So I do think we need stuff like wars, rivalries, rewards for towns beating other towns, etc. Just something to spice up the PvP on the server. Next thing is advertising and the growth of the server. I agree with you that we should prbly do more vids for Avatar MC bc on YouTube we literally only have 2 on our channel XD To help get people to encourage other mc players to join AvatarMC is voting rewards. That brings me back to my reward chests ideas I had I think a week or so ago? anyways if people vote for AvatarMC on different sites (such as PlanetMinecraft, MinecraftServers.com, etc.) then they would get small rewards for voting such as the occasional vote keys to open reward chests :D Last thing is the recovery time for energy. I’m not sure thats much of a problem just bc it makes you try to use your bending more wisely so if we made it faster then it might make things too easy. However, stuff that takes out half your energy bar or whatever like you said i do think should be upgraded but REASONABLY so its not too easy XD Well thats all I got to say so I agree with the ideas :D

By FireLordZuko [Administrator] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

Please write your Dungeon Raid idea in the applications section or e-mail it to me as that should remain private until we release it. ;)

By lemur68 At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

Don’t listen to Zuko, tell us all of your secrets.

I agree with Lemur. Spill the beans lady. ._.

I like the idea of pouches. I’m not entirely sure why Earth would need a pouch tho but I could definitely understand water. I they do come into play should they be bought with tea leaves or no? Second, I’m not sure about the gear. Maybe limit it to one or two gear upgrades so people don’t become unstoppable? Otherwise, I think people would just by gear upgrades instead of actually training. Third, I like the idea of open-world bosses but I think those should be for low-level bender training since that could leave the dungeons basically useless. Fourth, I say no on the bending in the towns unless there’s a war between the two opposing players/factions. (I think that’s already in play tho? idk for sure.) Fifth, there’s a 6-month time limit for town player’s to come back and be active. (I remember someone telling me that.) The world is huge anyway so you can basically settle anywhere :) Sixth, I love the idea of the morality and stuff (except maybe the part about Evil players getting tp’d to prisons and about taking other players money after a fight), however you never said if people could switch sides? If someone didnt like the perks of being good could they go bad? or vice versa? And to prevent players from switching back and forth constantly maybe add a time limit of one to two weeks before switching again?

By Omaa At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

I didn’t want to go into detail in the thread cause I have another document entailing most of the things you’ve explained. The world bosses don’t have to give crazy amounts of exp, but exp does help. Also those world bosses would spawn like once or twice a week and split exp throughout everyone that participated .. furthermore no one person can beat them alone they should be that swole.

Gear is important in any MMORPG, this game is trying to become that and is trying to find a balanced system for it and I think I created one at work today.. whether or not it’s possible I’d have to talk to guo.

The point of pouches are to allow players to have a resource available to use their bending when there are no sources present or when source block placement is lacking.. like the first dungeon for earth benders, is beatable but extremely hard for any new earth player lol. It lets you fill up the pouch and drains the resource over time until you have no points left. So you can survive a fight. If an earth bender got into a fight outside the first dungeon he’d lose.. nothin but ice so he wouldn’t be able to bend lol.

Ok, well all that makes sense and sounds reasonable to me :) I forgot about the first dungeons Earthbending problem XP

By [deleted] At 7 years ago 0