Server status

palsjuegs

Team Member

There is an «online» indicator on the main site. That’s good, however a server status of running or down for maintenance or whatever would be useful. Right now, I can’t connect to the server, and I’m not sure if it’s on my end or if the server is really down. The message says : Connection lost. Kicked whilst connecting to lobby: Downstream login timeout. (I’ve tried restarting things to no result, so I’m wondering if it’s on the server end).

Details

Created At:
7 years ago

By GuoKao [Administrator] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

Those downtimes tend to be caused by an internal service not responding to the Minecraft servers in time. (Similar errors with the same cause are: failed to fetch groups and failed to fetch permissions). These timeouts are usually caused by the machine, that is responding to queries by our Minecraft servers, being somewhat overloaded. If you see such a message, the only thing that can be done is messaging/mailing one of us so we can take a look.

Regarding the status page: I would like us to have a status page like status.reddit.com. Sadly there is no straightforward way of querying the responsiveness of these services as of now. It would require some additional coding on all our services for it to work (and probably the status page program itself). It will probably eventually happen, but other things tend to be regarded to be of higher priority so it can take a while.

By palsjuegs [Team Member] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

ah alright, thanks for the explanation. And yes, there are more important things to take care of, still it’s good to know it is something that will probably be a thing sometime in the future, even if it’s in the far future. I know this is a big project and there’s only a certain amount of time and people available, so some things will take a while before they’re implemented.

By FireLordZuko [Administrator] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

Thank you for understanding us. We may take a while, but players like you definitely give us the energy and motivation to keep on going hard. :)

By FireLordZuko [Administrator] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

Apparently the live server had some issues over night during our timezone. When I woke up, it had seemed to have recovered itself. The server is up again now.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

By palsjuegs [Team Member] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

sometimes things happen, it’s fine :)