Mobs outside of dungeons

Chat Moderator

I’d like to suggest a buff to hostile mobs outside of dungeons. One airspear, which for me with no stat to help damage, does about 21 damage. This is enough to one-shot any hostile mob.

I know it’s a small thing, and there’s much bigger fish to fry, server-wise, but it’d be neat to have tougher wild mobs.

I dream of capturing a ton of zombies and other spirits, and releasing them during a war… though I’d also need name tags, which is another problem. A name tag vendor maybe?

Cheers, I’ll be back soon ;)

Details

Created At:
6 years ago

By FireLordZuko [Administrator] At 6 years ago Report Reply 0

Hey AvatarYangchen,

As far as I see, your question consists of two parts:

I’d like to suggest a buff to hostile mobs outside of dungeons. One airspear, which for me with no stat to help damage, does about 21 damage. This is enough to one-shot any hostile mob.

I know it’s a small thing, and there’s much bigger fish to fry, server-wise, but it’d be neat to have tougher wild mobs.

We feel that the recent addition of Mini Dungeons (or Level Wilds, still dubbing up with an actually nice name for them) will help a lot with those. As we fill the world with more and more of those, we can actually definitely make it feel like you will often just run into one that fits your level at a given moment in time. We are still mass-producing them so you can expect more of them sooner or later. :)

As for the reason of the default natural mobs being so weak; we just don’t want level 1 players to run into them and get oneshot by them either, that’s why they are so weak. :P

Making them stronger would also result in us providing rewards for them and players just creating spawners in order to abuse that system, so that’s something we’d like to avoid.

I dream of capturing a ton of zombies and other spirits, and releasing them during a war… though I’d also need name tags, which is another problem. A name tag vendor maybe?

The name tags part wouldn’t be an issue. The idea of capturing mobs and using them as a necromancer has been an idea we have had for a while and we’ve also realized that idea with the Spiritworld Capturepoints. We may expand further on that concept later, but no promises with that regard. :P

Thank you for your suggestions