Unknown Profile

Details

Created At:
6 years ago
Updated At:
3 years ago

By FireLordZuko [Administrator] At 6 years ago Report 0

Dear players,

I apologize on behalf of my chat moderation team for some of their behaviours. This is unacceptable and will be dealt with as soon as possible.

However, I would like to clear up our view of the story and how that affected the refund.

Firstly, we don’t really have a refund policy (our bad and we’ll work on clarifying that). We never really refund anything, except in some rare cases that really called for it.

One of these rare cases are that (Chat) Moderators, while on their duty to help players out, can get assassinated by those same or other players. It is obviously the Mod’s fault that he currently possesses some unique items that he shouldn’t lose, but it is also a matter of fact that we are all human and we can forget that.

As a matter of good will, we do rollback the action of that death. That is to say that we make it so that death never happened and his items are back in his inventory. Even if somebody were to pick them up, we make sure that duping does not happen.

I was under the impression that one of my Chat Moderators was helping a player out. I will now go into full investigation as to what happened during that day and I will return to you guys with my results later.

If I discover that this death indeed happened whilst a Chat Moderator was fulfilling his duty in helping out a player, I will decide not to act any further.

If I discover otherwise (that the death did happen when the Chat Moderator was fully aware of this gameplay), this item will be destroyed permanently.

Thank you for your comments. We try to stay as unbiased as possible, but we sometimes have to trust staff members on their honesty. Posts like these help us to stay in line with the players, so thank you very much for bringing this up.

If you have any questions or concerns, please respond to this comment.

These are the logs during Pozboy123’s death (Times are in UTC).

02:11:31 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] Geeki_Play: this is the griefing
02:11:34 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] Geeki_Play: please fix it
02:11:41 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] Geeki_Play: some miscreant placed 73 signs
02:11:50 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] [Chat Mod] FireLordIzumi: o: must ban immediately
02:12:08 [INFO] [CloudChat] [L] [Chat Mod] FireLordIzumi: THEIF
02:12:17 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] Geeki_Play: w8 hol up you aint even gonna ban nobody? u just breakin the signs
02:12:22 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] Geeki_Play: removin the evidence
02:12:27 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] [Chat Mod] FireLordIzumi: ^
02:12:36 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] [Team Leader] IdahoSciGuy: log block can see it even if its gone too :)
02:12:48 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] Geeki_Play: face your death
02:13:00 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] [Chat Mod] FireLordIzumi: rip poz
02:13:12 [INFO] [CloudChat] [L] Geeki_Play: didnt know we was swimming
02:13:17 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] [Chat Mod] *Chat_Mod_Leader: bro i had an unbr 3 eff 3 fortune 1 pic
02:13:18 [INFO] [CloudChat] [L] [Chat Mod] FireLordIzumi: he's always swimmin
02:13:22 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] [Chat Mod] FireLordIzumi: riiiip
02:13:27 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] Geeki_Play: rip
02:13:33 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] [Chat Mod] *Chat_Mod_Leader: was it even claimed chunks?
02:13:38 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] Geeki_Play: invest in a larger health bar
02:13:38 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] [Chat Mod] FireLordIzumi: no it was in wilderness
02:14:28 [INFO] [CloudChat] [G] [Chat Mod] *Chat_Mod_Leader: bro i was trying to help u
02:15:18 [INFO] [CloudChat] [L] Geeki_Play: ur not allowed to climb up here
02:15:30 [INFO] [CloudChat] [L] [Chat Mod] FireLordIzumi: firejetting up allowed?
02:16:40 [INFO] [CloudChat] [L] Geeki_Play: my stuff is gone lol

We can conclude from this that:

• Geeki_Play requested for help due to somebody placing 73 signs.
  • Pozboy123 (nicknamed to «Chat_Mod_Leader», because he thinks he’s funny), moves to help him remove the griefing (i.e. the 73 signs).
  • Whilst Pozboy123 is removing these signs, Geeki_Play does not realize he’s actually trying to help him out.
  • Geeki_Play thinks that Pozboy123 is removing the evidence.
  • Therefore Geeki_Play kills Pozboy123 during a (chat) moderation duty.

With that, I conclude that the refund was actually founded. Pozboy123 deserved to get that pickaxe refunded as he was doing his duty as a Chat Moderator to try and help players.

However, this was not his place to help, as he should have requested for assistance from mods or admins in our team chat. This is a griefing case and Chat Moderators are unable to track and remove these cases. Therefore this falls outside of their scope.

He should have also clearly communicated to Geeki_Play that he was removing the signs to help him out on the short term, as it seemed to Geeki that he was just removing the evidence.

Conclusion / TL;DR:

Pozboy123 was killed whilst he was trying to help out a player with a griefing case; something he shouldn’t try to do himself, but did do anyway. This does not warrant the fact that he died whilst trying to help this player, as he was still doing his best to help a player out. Therefore, the refunded item will stay refunded.

Feel free to respond to me with any questions, suggestions or concerns. We are always looking to improve in any way, shape or form possible.

By lemur68 At 6 years ago Report 0

If Poz was helping someone outside of the scope of his role as a chat moderator, it shouldn’t be treated as if he was doing his job. It should be treated the same as if anyone had been in Poz’s position

It is true that it indeed was outside of his scope of his role to act in on a griefing case, but let me quote you what we have internally written as the task description of a Chat Moderator.

«Your task is to assist players on the server by helping them out directly or by forwarding them to guides on the website, subreddit or any other locations. Next to that, you need to punish players who continue breaking social rules by muting them or by forwarding more heavy cases to the General Moderation by either contacting them ingame directly or writing a message in the Skype chat.»

(Note that there are some conditions bound to these, consider this as a tl;dr).

Poz couldn’t have dealt with this rule break immediately. He was also unable to track the person who did it or punish him.

However, he could deal with getting the signs removed so the victim (Geeki_Play) did not have an issue until he could get a Moderator to actually check for what at the time seemed to him as a griefing case.

In this situation, theoretically he was still fulfilling his Chat Moderation duty as he was assisting a player on the server by directly helping them out, something that is written in his task description.

I understand that this can definitely sound confusing. Simply put:

• He helped a player by getting rid of the signs = he is doing Chat Mod duties.
  • He should’ve gotten a General Mod so the rule break could actually be handled properly and if it would be a griefer, he could be traced and warned.

On hindsight, this turned out not to be a griefing case, but FireLordIzumi trying to leave a message to Krra.

By [deleted] At 6 years ago 0

By _Guru [Team Member] At 6 years ago Report 0

If I went there to drown you in lava, why did he try to drown me first? Always assuming the worst of me, Poz. I went there to check the signs out, same as you did.

By Pozboy123 [Chat Moderator] At 6 years ago Report 0

Sry didnt actually know that new edit

By FireLordIzumi [Moderator] At 6 years ago Report 0

And I only just logged in moments before that happened and went there when I was told Guru and Idaho were there. There was no master plot to kill you.

Placing signs in wilderness is not «griefing»

okay and im not saying that you should get in trouble i am only explaining why it was a scam

I can confirm all of Geeki’s warnings and the events in the timeframe that she is claiming.

Also, to add: I was in fact the one who placed the signs. If someone actually cared enough - they could rollback the area to see the message that was actually on them (Combined the numbered signs). I put them there in an attempt to reach out to Krra (RainbowSquared) in order to give them ImperialCity - which they now control.

«But why put Viper?»

To catch their attention. And it worked - they now have IC.

By IronTem [Chat Moderator] At 6 years ago Report 0

I’d just like to say that that wasn’t even Poz’s pickaxe. It actually belongs to me, and I have been letting him use it. Should I get punished for his mistake?

I agree that you shouldn’t be punished for the mistakes of others

By lemur68 At 6 years ago Report 0

Maybe you should’ve been more careful with whom you gave it to. That’s in no way a jab at Poz, but if you give something valuable to someone, you should know that it might get lost or destroyed

By IronTem [Chat Moderator] At 6 years ago Report 0

Yangchen correct me if I’m mistaken, but I don’t believe there is such a thing as Unbreaking 4

You are correct

By IdahoSciGuy [Team Member] At 6 years ago Report 0

It also has pretty much no bearing on anything said.

Just a few corrections and agreement statements here.

We (Guru, Idaho, Geeki, myself) were hanging out at Asdf (Geeki’s town) where Geeki was trying to kill us with lava. This was not Geeki trolling, we were just having fun and messing around. These events were being broadcasted in Global.

Poz came along to join to party with the complete understanding of what was happening.

He went out into Wilderness where Geeki poured lava on him and I trapped him in with Fire Wall. He technically died from my walking back into my Fire Wall.

This sets precedent for any future occurrence. You die with something expensive in your inventory and lose it? You are now allowed to get a replacement of whatever you lost. Anything else will be hypocritical.

This is not a shitpost. This is a post in regards to fairness. If Poz is given this treatment then everyone should be given this treatment otherwise it is 100% abuse regardless if it was an admin doing it. If the staff do not intend on refund all players who are die in Wilderness with expensive items in their inventory then the pick should be taken from Poz.

Thank you for being a defender of fairness on the server Yang!

Also i didnt die to your fire wall i died to the lava. No text showed up of u hitting me with fire wall

Oh :(

HAHA complete understanding? I had absolutely no idea other than that a player was in distress.

By KevinY3 [Chat Moderator] At 6 years ago Report 0

Frankly, Poz was attempting to help a player. They were doing their job, and trying to figure out who «griefed» the area. If the response to their attempt at helping is their immediate murder and the destruction of all items they had at the time - even though they were acting as a moderating force and not a player at the time, then they should receive back whatever they lost, even if just in spite of who killed them.

Much love <3