My Immersion!

I like many others have seen the work put into the fast travel system and the roads plugin but one breaks immersion like crazy and the other is very rough on players to travel long distances.

So here is my suggestion: a very light movecraft plugin i having come from a movecraft server know that with the newer versions of the plugin don’t cause as much lag with the big ships and the small ships dont lag at all

you can also restrict block types and the amount of blocks used to make the ships to control the lag as well

sailboats can have a max of 3l blocks Smallships can have a max blocks of 5k and bigships have a max of 8k blocks

Just for immersion and maybe some small movecraft wars :D

Details

Created At:
7 years ago

By FireLordZuko [Administrator] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

As was explained by GuoKao on the server to you specifically, this plugin seems to be developed for ship-wars related pvp-oriented servers.

To us, the movement of the boats looks very chunky (slow and laggy) and in the videos that are uploaded on YouTube, you can definitely see that players are having fun, but are at the same time heavily lagging out and are dropping FPS massively due to the blocks having to update every single second.

In smaller boats, this is indeed less of a case, but still definitely has some impact (especially for players with not very high-end computers).

Next to this, to our server this would not add value in let’s say Fast Travel, as we want players to travel quickly with it, but it would only really add value in naval fights and warfare to be honest, due to the slow movement of the boats.

Also, to me it also seems that the entire idea of the plugin is to have some form of destructible and non-repairing naval warfare as an addition. Because otherwise, you will only be sitting in the boat doing nothing; you would just be waiting until you reach your destination.

The destructible environment seems to be fun for those servers as you often have creative mode to prepare your boats and therefore you don’t need to gather all resources to just see everything be destroyed by an accidental bad design in your ship or by the enemy Russian ship carrying massive nuking cannons to wreck your ship. :P

All in all, we are definitely open for suggestions, but this one misses our server on so many points that we unfortunately have to deny this plugin on our server. We apologize for not being able to deliver you good news on this part. :/

By palsjuegs [Team Member] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

well, I find the current fast travel system to be good and immersive enough. I guess a town could be at the nodes of the local travel and more realistic roads/rails between these, but otherwise it seems fine to me.