War system suggestion

I propose a new war system incorporating bits of towny and factions so as to give each kind of player the choice to fight there own way.

Keep the towny flag system and add a few bits of factions

Towny flag system with a kill counter and a timer so it either takes X amount of kills or run the timer out to claim a chunk

Can only take towns from the outside chunks in.

There will be different flags for different prices in which the higher costing flags will take less amount of time and kills to take the chunk

There should also be a limit on how many flags can be placed at a time

This will make battles last a bit longer and will make wars less resource intesive

If no one in a town has been on in 6 months and the town is able to be taken over other nations can claim up to 2 chunks a week ( at admin discretion)

I would also propose that the nation player count be lowered to 2 but any and all attacks HAVE to be announced and made public so that they can fight back if more than 3 players are online in both nations attacks do NOT have to be announced

Details

Created At:
7 years ago
Updated At:
7 years ago

By FireLordZuko [Administrator] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

We are definitely planning on reworking warfare somewhere in the future. These definitely sound like interesting ideas, it is just a little further long the line.

However, I do want to take the time to respond to every single one of your ideas. Please note that this is my opinion and is not really related to how this will be implemented in the future.

Towny flag system with a kill counter and a timer so it either takes X amount of kills or run the timer out to claim a chunk

This is an existing idea we would probably want to look into later on.

Can only take towns from the outside chunks in.

Already a thing.

There will be different flags for different prices in which the higher costing flags will take less amount of time and kills to take the chunk

This is a new idea (at least I personally have not heard about it). I like the sound of it.

There should also be a limit on how many flags can be placed at a time. This will make battles last a bit longer and will make wars less resource intesive

Debatable, probably. We should look into whether players really want this or not. We have had hours long wars in the past as well, so not sure about this one.

If no one in a town has been on in 6 months and the town is able to be taken over other nations can claim up to 2 chunks a week ( at admin discretion)

This would require quite a lot of hacking around and it is just far easier for us to remove the town to allow free grounds for all players, not just nation members. I don’t exactly get the benefits of this point (might be just that I am misunderstanding your point).

I would also propose that the nation player count be lowered to 2 but any and all attacks HAVE to be announced and made public so that they can fight back if more than 3 players are online in both nations attacks do NOT have to be announced.

That is an interesting one, I will have a discussion about this internally.

By Morris_y_gwynt [Team Member] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

This sounds like a very good way to make an already confusing system even more confusing. Noobs struggle to understand the very basics of war as it stands, I doubt adding more subtleties to it will actually help.

I think that is a problem on our end, but we are working as hard as we can to clarify all of our game mechanics as well as possible! :)

By lemur68 At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

I feel like there needs to be some way of conquering chunks when no one on the other town is online. Perhaps you could only conquer a small amount of chunks in a day or something, but there needs to be some way to do it.

I personally do not really like this option that much (right now at least).

There is actually a difference between forcing players to stay online and having players who enjoy being online.

The former is unethical and is a very mean way to keep players online. We never want to force players online, just so their town won’t be claimable.

This may be the case with your suggestion and it is a pitfall we should not step into. If we ever do decide to do this, we should allow players some breathing room (and make the timespan relatively long).

The only way we actually do force players online is at least once every 6 months or otherwise their entire town is up for destruction and to be honest, I think that such a timespan is long enough.

By lemur68 At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

I was thinking that there’d be ways to slow down conquering, like somehow detecting if they have walls, or whatever