Villager Eggs

We should be able to buy villager eggs, so that we don’t have to transport them somehow from the spirit world to the overworld, and then from there to our base. It’s too much hassle.

You may be thinking, «What’s the point, if you can’t trade with them?» Well, with villagers you can make iron farms, and fully automatic farms. Someone could also want them for aesthetic purposes, like simply having them around their town, or if they have a dungeon, they could put a villager in there.

That’s why I think we should be able to buy villager eggs.

Details

Created At:
7 years ago

By FireLordZuko [Administrator] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

I apologize for my late response regarding this suggestion.

We have been thinking about strolling NPCs (randomly walking NPCs) inside our cities in the past and it was one of the tasks we plan to work on, however we do not have anything that allows us to do this in place yet and therefore we need to develop this ourselves.

Your idea goes a little further than that and seems like a cool idea, but we can’t invest that much time into it right now and are putting it as a low priority task. Eventually, we’ll get to it hopefully. :)

I did not specifically discuss the distribution of villager eggs themselves however, I’ll return to you later with a response to that.

By lemur68 At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

Ok, I understand why there are no villagers roaming about. Thank you for affirming there will be some way to get villagers in the future.

Now, what I don’t understand, and that I hope you could explain to me, is why buying villager eggs is low priority. I understands there are more important issues, but deciding to make a vendor sell villager eggs seems simple to me. The coding wouldn’t be very difficult, as all you have to do is put in another item. The decision making doesn’t seem hard at all. It’s either too op, or it’s not.

Again, I’d love to understand, and I hope you help me with that.

By FireLordZuko [Administrator] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

It’s more of a policy kind of thing (i.e. do we want to do this), rather than an implementation kind of thing. It shouldn’t be too hard to implement, but we are in discussion as to what the pros and cons are so we can make a decision to approve the implementation or not.

By palsjuegs [Team Member] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

wait wait wait… to be clear… iron farms are ok? I mean, I was under the impression that those are against the rules. And moving villagers through the spirit portal is possible, huh til.. I always wondered how on earth some towns got villagers haha

By palsjuegs [Team Member] At 7 years ago Report Reply 0

yes, I agree making villager eggs buy-able is a good idea, certainly having an easy access to iron would make large scale building projects much easier… cough South Pole Traverse and Saito Tunnel renovation cough :P

Not sure how it can fit into the lore though.. hmm that would be something to think about.